Sunday, March 29, 2009

Sunday morning ramblings....

Good Morning to you....
I was just wondering what happened to the sunshine we had yesterday...It's now cloudy and a few drops of rain are hitting my window seal as we speak. I've recently found a long lost friend I've been searching for and am so very glad to have found her. She is one of those special people whom can make you laugh at a drop of a dime. Her smile is contagious. Have anyone in your life like that? We had not parted on any bad terms but as we all know sometimes life takes you on a different path and some friends are sadly left behind (and not always by choice.) No one knew where she had gone, finally ten years passed and a friend of a friend believe she has last heard of her living up North. After a few more searches online I found her...I called a few wrong numbers than it happened...I said hello and the voice talking back to me was that of warmth and laughter in her voice. I asked her named and where she went to high school and she replied: 'is this Nat? and that was that...We both started to laugh and after a few more minutes we were crying together...She was able to open up about a few very sad and personal tragedies she had to go through and it was as though we had never parted.
What saddens me is that I was not there to comfort her. But that's the great part about being great friends, no matter how long it has been since you last spoke you can jump back into your friends life like nothing has changed. In a lifetime I believe you'll meet many friends yet I truly believe that only a few will stick by you through thick and thin! I find myself quite lucky as I have found a few friends whom I adore and share many a great moments of our lives together.
As a kid (I'm 32 and believe I'm soooo old... my fiance laughs at me for thinking that way)
I used to love watching the Golden Girls....They were so witty, funny and they really seemed to have a good times, especially around the kitchen table with coffee and a slice of cheesecake. They all had different personalities yet they came together, they meshed well and were able to form a family. That is how I feel about my friends, I see them as family members. I would do anything for them. As you may have noticed I'm somewhat of an emotional person. (I wear my heart on my sleeves) I think the secret of friendship is being there, even when you don't always know what to say..Sometime just being there and listening is just as important.
As for my friend I just met, she's planning a trip to see me this summer. :)

Well I hope you had a great weekend...And if you haven't told your best friend how much she/he means to you lately...perhaps today could be the day!!

"Thank you for being a friend
Traveled down the road and back again
Your heart is true your a pal and a confidant.
And if you through a party
Invited everyone you ever knew
You would see the biggest gift would be from me
And the card attached would say thank you for being a friend."

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment