Friday, March 27, 2009

Home friday nite....

Life in the country has been quite peaceful yet at times too quiet! I am happy that the snow is melting at a rapid speed and the sun is shining upon us. The cold air is shifting onwards. I am now putting our first winter in our new house behind us. The scenery in the country is quite breathtaking in the winter. The snow covered hills and trees. My daughter used her skates for the first time and she really enjoyed skating with her father. She was quite well balanced on her feet...as well as any three year old would be!
I have recently learn't how to crochet. I wanted to learn how to knit but after learning that I would have to hold two needles I decided on crochet. I went to store and purchased yarn and a book..I was going to make a scarf.. That night I cuddled into my bed, cup of tea beside me, opened the book and then realized I couldn't understand a thing. I thought my crochet adventure was over until my fiance suggested I look on 'You Tube.'
And voila, I actually learn't how to crochet from a guy named 'mikeyssmail' he's really well spoken and his instructions are straightforward and precise. I learn't how to make most of my stitches from him. I'm also getting better at reading patterns...
This is my first scarf....I didn't know I had to count every stitch...and knew nothing about gauge.
It's only after talking to a lady in the Walmart aisle that I realized you need to count, count, count.....I've gotten better as you'll see in the next pics. I've also created two baby hats, a few hacky- sacks ( the first was chewed by my Shit-zu named Habze) I also found a pretty pattern for a princess headband crown for my daughter!
I have to admit I never knew there was so much you could create with crochet.
It's my way of decompressing. I must admit I am getting hooked on buying yarn...and lots of it...in every different color... It seems as you grow older you become more of a homebody.
When I was younger I wanted nothing to do with home on weekends. It was a time for hanging out with your friends and having a few too many! But as a mother life seems to pass by quicker. That old saying of 'once you have kids... life passes you by' was really not just a thing people just said in passing it's really true! I would rather spend much of my time with my daughter and fiance enjoying every moment, recording every single precious moment in my head. Having kids really puts life in perspective. I will conclude my first post with
two of my favorite words 'family' because nothing matters if you don't have a great lovin
g family around you. My family means the world to me. And the next is 'Hope' my blessed daughter's name. She's my pride and joy! She is my lucky star here on earth!

I hope you enjoyed reading my blog....
Stay tuned!
Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment