Friday, April 17, 2009

The weekend is finally here....


Good Afternoon to you...

This morning I was wondering why no one was leaving me comments. My Godmother mentioned how she left me a comment but I said it couldn't be because I couldn't find it anywhere....
'I feel like a putz..' I did actually have a few lovely comments but had to publish/accept them before they showed up on my site. Still new to blogging so....I just had a (Oh...okay moment!) a few minutes ago! Ever have one of those moments, here you finally clue in to something...
Anyways, Thanks for the Happy Easter wishes! Greatly appreciated!Yesterday for the first time, I transplanted a few trees in my yard and I must admit it was actually quite exhilarating and hard work. My parents were around to supervise as I have never attempted this before. I wanted to move one to the side of the house and one in the front yard. It went great. I never knew even the smallest of tree had such big roots. I will admit to feeling achy last night...But my fiance gave me a back rub so that was well worth it.
I can't wait to water them and watch them grow. My daughter helped as well and she kept asking if they were her trees. So I told her yes. And her smile grew ear to ear. Very simple to make a child happy. She also had a little bit to much fun with the water hose. The trees weren't the only things that got wet...My jogging pants were drenched!! Thanks sweetheart.. I'm glad the weather was gorgeous, the sun was shining and Hope had fun helping and flying a kite with her Meme. Winter is long past us now... I'm realizing that as stressful as owning a house can be it can also be therapeutic. Gardening and backyard up-keep are excellent activities to keep you moving and promote good health. Gardening can also be a stress reliever, a great outlet for creativity and can produce an undemanding concentration that increases our capacity to rest.

I was working along side my father yesterday and couldn't help but stare at him and wonder if he believes he's lived a great life. And perhaps if there still something he's loved to do but hasn't. My father and mother are the best two people I know. They are kind, loving, thoughtful, sincere and hard working people. They've adopted me and my brother at an early age and we feel awfully lucky to have them as parents. My mother is ever so nurturing and my father is truly the most hard working man I know and very simple. He enjoys laughing continuously and my mother is my best friend. Their that couple that are just perfect for each other. My parents are the kind of people whom show their affections equally between their kids and also Grand
kids as many parents don't, as I have learned. They tend to be laid back but yet always help when needed. They are in my opinion the greatest parents ever. They have given me the greatest gift: To have been loved and sought out great love.

Thanks Mom & Dad for all you do! Have a great Weekend....
Take a few minutes for yourself...
Perhaps look around your garden, I actually have a few flowers in bloom. I believe they are tulips...(but not having a green thumb your guess is as good as mine)
See you soon.
Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment